OnePlus Nord is an impressive flagship phone famous for its camera setup, superb performance, big battery with Warp Charging technology, excellent display, and sleek design. Further, you will get 5G support, an on-screen fingerprint sensor, and the latest Android version (Q) out-of-the-box. However, its non-expandable memory might be a hindrance to some users. The phone has some promising features which made this phone a favorite among many with bigger and better battery life. Some major highlights of the phone were Snapdragon 765G with Octa core (2.4 GHz, Single Core + 2.2 GHz, Single-core + 1.8 GHz, Hexa Core) and 8GB RAM. The phone well tuned for performance but after that Android 10.0 update it became slow and people were looking for other options. Other options were flashing the phone with a new OS or just formatting it to a factory reset mode. But the factory reset didn’t work well on the phone and it became slower with time. So the only option now left with it is to slash a different OS in it and for that, you need to unlock the bootloader.
Warning: “Unlocking Bootloader will void your warranty. Do this at your own risk. We can’t be HELD RESPONSIBLE for any mishappening while unlocking the bootloader.”
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device.
- Unlocking the bootloader will void your OnePlus Nord warranty.
- Backup your Data before proceeding any further.
Steps for unlocking Bootloader for OnePlus Nord
- Enable the Developer Option on the device by Setting->About Phone-> Tapping build number 7 times.
- Now in Developer Option enable OEM unlocking option.
- Now enable Advanced Reboot in Developer Options.
- Boot the phone in FastBoot Mode by long-pressing the power key.
- Now if you have not installed Fastboot drivers on your system then install it from here.
- Now after installing Fastboot and minimal ADB driver. Go to the folder where they are installed and hold shift + right-click to open cmd window in the directory.
- if you are getting a PowerShell window while following this step, then don’t worry just type cmd on the address bar.
- Now type “fastboot devices” in cmd and press enter.
- If your device is connected then it will be shown in the list.
- Now type “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter.
- Now a new window will be shown on your phone.
- Now just select the Unlock The Bootloader option and you are good to go.
Nord is in itself a good phone with good battery backup. But still if you want to try to unlock for features then you should ho ahead with kernel changes and clockspeed changes. But please note, for doing so you should need the original backup of the Oxygen OS which came with the phone. It can be downloaded from OnePlus support website.
Also Read: How to Unlock Bootloader For OnePlus 7 Pro